Your Cart is Empty

Help! My dog has been stung by a bee!

July 25, 2023 1 min read

Walker & Drake - Help! My dog has been stung by a bee!

If your dog gets stung by a wasp or bee, it's much like if you did (although probably more likely to happen) - it stings, a lot, and there is a small chance that they will have an adverse reaction to it. So, act quickly to help them with the pain and prevent any potential complications. Here's what you can do:

Firstly, Don’t panic! Dogs can sense your emotions, so remaining calm will help keep your dog from getting more anxious or agitated.

If you can see the stinger, carefully try to remove it. Use a pair of tweezers or scrape it off gently with a credit card or your fingernail.

Keep a eye on your him or her for any signs of an allergic reaction. If they have difficulty breathing, swelling of the face or throat, vomiting or runny poops get in touch with your vet.

Apply a cold compress or an ice pack wrapped in a cloth to the affected area. This can help reduce any swelling and help with the pain.

Keep a close eye on your dog for the next few hours. Look for any signs of distress, such as excessive swelling, redness, or signs of infection.

You can get over-the-counter antihistamines or other medications that may help alleviate any swelling or itching but we wouldn’t recommend giving any medication without proper advice from the vet.

Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.

logo-paypal paypal